Content of can number 1 is a 1964 bullnose stroker engine rebuilt by the skilled hands of David Baugher. I know this isn’t related to the MC850 but I just had to show it. I definitely got ahead of myself here because I am having doubts about even restoring the 64. I just got a little too excited for my own good. Perhaps I’ll be offering a deal sometime on a project 64 with a new engine. Can number 2 holds a newly machined MC850 block and matching pistons. This block is for the MC850 project, should I ever make it that far. To prevent rust in both cans, I added a 1/4″ foam sealing strip on the lid underside, and there is a small night light hanging in each can to keep the interior slightly warmer than the ambient temperature. And, just in case moisture finds its way in, there are several desiccant packets in each can. Of course, no block is any good without a matching crank. Inside the sealed plastic bag is the MC850 crank, also rebuilt by David Baugher. I would have opened it for the photo because it’s absolutely gorgeous, but I don’t want moisture to have a crack at it.
Okay, I got a little ahead of myself here. I hope the next time you see the contents of can number 2 it’s painted and being installed in the MC850.